Thursday, March 15, 2012

Will it ever end!?!?!?

Alternately titled, "Why do kids have to be two?" or "Actually he's almost THREE so he should know better!" or "I'm throwing away every single crayon, marker, and pen in our entire house!" or "Why the crap did we buy a house when we still have a 2 year old?" or "HE is the reason we can't have anything nice around here!" or "Good thing it's nap time and I just ate an entire bag of cheddar and sour cream potato chips and a dr. pepper or you would be dead kid!"... I think you get the point.

Is it bad that I'm complaining about my 2 year old for TWO posts in a row? Does that make for bad blogging? I'm doing it anyway.

Bos got up at 6 again this morning. Klay was just leaving for work. I tried putting him back in his bed with some books and locked the door. (Yes, we have a lock on the outside of our 2 year old's door. Trust me, he's safer this way!) That held him in til about 6:45. I am seriously not getting up that early! So later he came into my room with a WET toilet brush. The whole bathroom downstairs was COVERED in water and it was wet clear through the kitchen and up all the stairs. GROOOOSSSSS! I know this doesn't really matter, but it was a toilet brush that was already here from the previous owner and for some reason that sicks me out even more. There was also a whole bag of marshmallows dumped out all over the living room.

Yesterday there was an entire bag of lucky charms dumped out all over the floor but oddly there were no marshmallows. Plus the dvd's were EVERYWHERE.

It's something new (or just more of the same) EVERY day.

Logic might tell a person, "Maybe you should just get up in the morning and monitor what your terror of a two year old is doing all morning." Well, you see, I have to sleep in so I'm sane enough to deal with what happened AFTER the water and marshmallows this morning...



I am proud to say that Boston has learned to write quite a few letters. I do love to see him practice unless it's in RED marker on my STAIRS!!! H is his favorite, as you can tell. His entire hand was covered in green marker (preparing for St. Patty's Day maybe?) and there was marker all over the wall by the stairs but I made him help me clean that up before I took pictures.

I remember when Boston was little thinking, How am I ever going to punish this little boy? He's so sweet and tender hearted and just such a GOOD boy. Ha ha. How are there any males above the age of 2 even alive on the planet today???

I PROMISE my next post will not be about a mess made by a kid. We're in the thick of tax season and with Klay working 65+ hours a week I guess this is my outlet to let off my steam and keep kids alive. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE my husband for being such a hard worker? But I also DREAD tax season for the rest of my life?) So thanks for letting me vent.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Hey, I'm trying to want another kid, and you go and post this birth control! haha

Hatch Family said...

Sounds like him and my girls would be great friends. I could only imagine what the 3 of them would do in the same room! Here's to hoping 3 is better then 2. I still have 9 months before mine turn 3.

Deidre and Joseph said...

I'm with you on needing sleep. If J and I ever get around to having kids we may need to invest in a straight jacket...

AubreyandTerry said...

Your life is really starting to look and sound alot like mine!!

Cassie said...

I just want to rush up to Idaho and take you out for a night on the town! I can just feel the stress in your writing... the good thing is he is bound to grow up. If you don't kill him before he gets a chance. Till then... I see no problem in you sleeping through the disaster. If its not this- it would be another thing. Love you, GUY!

Streett's said...

Oh Boston you need to come play at Stockton's house soon!! Next time text me and I'll come save him :) Or better yet we'll call a babysitter and go shopping!

Mindy said...

Oh Lindsey..I hadn't seen this post. I'm so sorry - I feel your pain :) Love love love reading your blog btw!