Monday, February 27, 2012

EXACTLY what I wanted to do all morning

If anyone ever tells you that boys are easier to raise than girls, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. Sure, girls are emotional and cry if you even look at them wrong. But boys... oh boys.

Klay gets up with Boston in the morning. (Yes, I have an AMAZING husband.) But since it's tax season he's been leaving for work at 6:45 am. So he grabs Bos some breakfast and turns on a movie for him and I usually get up when his movie is over. (And usually turn on another movie and go back to sleep. Mother of the year award.) This morning Aves came and told me Bos had made a BIG mess. I immediately smelt baby powder. I walked downstairs to find this.






A whole bottle of baby powder. All over the first floor of our new house. I actually like the smell of baby powder but not when I'm inhaling it the whole 3 hours I'm dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting again, and again, and again. That stuff leaves some serious streaks. And then reappears even after you've wiped it up 4 times. Our house still reeks. It's actually starting to make me nauseous. And it's supposedly clean. I know it's going to be reappearing for weeks to come.

It's a good thing Bos fell asleep in time out because he was staying in there for hours regardless of whether he was crying or sleeping.

I've heard 3 years old is even worse than 2 for boys. Don't leave a comment telling me that or my son may not make it through the day.

I should write something positive here. But I can't think of anything. This is real life people. And there is nothing positive about cleaning baby powder for 3 hours and still feeling like you're breathing it.

Oh I thought of something positive... I like our new house. Here's the mls picture of it. I will like it even more when it quits smelling like a baby's butt.

10 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

hahahaha! I'm so sorry that happened but the way you told the story was hilarious. Oh and PS your morning routine sounds EXACTLY like mine. gotta love awesome husbands. :)

Calyn said...

I LOVE the house. SOooooo cute! Funny boy!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I hear ya on the whole watching movies thing... Pretty sure Camden now refers to them as "my shows". :)

Megan Cahoon said...

Oh my gosh I am already starting to worry! Hayden is already doing stuff like this. So awful so sorry. Your house is adorable!!

stevie kay said...

Seriously been there, done that (I meant with the baby powder, but the movies, too, for that matter). It took me months to like the smell of baby powder again. BUT it does come out in time, and if your vacuum has filters, take them out and clean or replace them. It helps so every time you use the vacuum it doesn't just smell like baby powder again.

And yes, your house is adorable! I want it, only here and with a basement!

Amber Wray said...

I probably shouldn't have laughed as hard as I di but the way you write about it and the pictures I just couldn't help but laugh because I too remember thinking 2 small children were napping when in fact the were lacing thier room with this powdery goodness! I hope Boston is still alive!!!

AubreyandTerry said...

Love your new house!! I want to see pictures of the inside once you get all that baby powder cleaned up!!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Oh no! I LOVE the new house...congrats!!

Rachel said...

Hahahaha, I always know there's gonna be some funny bit of entertainment when you post! And I'm laughing at your expense but I do feel SOOOOOOOOOO bad for you! I had to "difficult" girls but let me tell you, they are cake compared to their 1 year old brother, haha!

Cassie said...

GUY! You crack me up! I like your new house too... even if it smells like (clean) baby but! Sorry about the mess :)