(I have to barricade the front door because Boston learned to unlock the door keeps escaping!)
Her bone had poked out of the skin a tiny bit and gone back in so it was bleeding a little bit. I immediately went into panic mode! I put on the first pair of shoes I could see with no socks and asked if one of the girls would drive us to the hospital and one would stay with Boston. (Thank you SOOOO much Kylee and Chelsea! I don't know what I would have done without you!) As we were walking out the door Kylee asked if Aves has a blanket or anything to take. Great idea! I was frantically walking around the house with Aves in my arms looking when all the sudden she said in a frustrated voice, "Mom! It's in the kitchen!" That little girl has an amazing memory and it was right in the middle of the kitchen floor.Of course it was 5:15 on Eagle Road. I've heard it's the busiest road in Idaho. Luckily the hospital is only about 3 miles away from our house because it felt like it still took FOREVER to get there in rush hour traffic. Aves was such a champ and stopped crying about half way to the hospital. We were taken straight back to a room. Only to wait... and wait... and wait... Klay was in class but left as soon as I called him and got there about 45 min later and we were still waiting. They finally ended up doing x-rays and having to come back in and do them AGAIN to make sure her elbow was ok. Avrie was shaking like crazy while they were moving it to do the x-rays and saying how much it hurt but didn't cry the entire time we were there. What a tough little girl! (This really surprised me because that little lady screams bloody murder if Boston even touches her.)
We had been at the hospital for about 4 hours when they were finally able to reset her arm. This was the worst part for Klay and me. They used some meds that made her totally out of it but her eyes were still open. So her eyes were darting all over the room and her mouth was hanging open so she looked like she was dead. It was awful to see her like that. Luckily it was only about 10 min and they had it reset and she was starting to wake up. When she started waking up she kept saying, "Mommy... Daddy... Mommy... Daddy..." Klay had to leave the room a few times to make room for machines and nurses and Aves would get the biggest smile every time she saw him walk back in the room. After she was fully awake they gave her a purple popsicle and as she was eating she said, "Mom, that was FUN!" I'm still wondering what kind of 'fun' dreams she must have been having while she was under for those few minutes!
The nurses and doctor were amazing and it makes me SO grateful for modern medicine and people who are willing to go to that much school to be able to take care of us. They kept apologizing that it was taking so long but there was someone else there that was in critical condition. Well, I guess we can wait so you can save someone else's life. The doctor even called the next morning to see how Avrie was doing and asked if we could come back in because he had thought of a better way to wrap her arm to keep it in place. I thought that was very thoughtful.
(Halloween pics are the only pics of her wrap and sling)
So yesterday was Avrie's birthday and one of her 'presents' was a new PINK cast. She said she wants a SPARKLY pink cast so I guess I should think of a way to make that happen. (Fingernail polish? Mod Podge? Any ideas would be appreciated!) She has to wear it for 4 weeks.There is ONE good thing that has come out of this. The morning after Aves broke her arm she was laying on the couch and all the sudden gasped. "Mom! I can't suck my thumb!!!" I was wondering how we were going to break this habit but I think it's already taken care of since she can't get her thumb up that high. She's only ever sucked her left thumb and I don't even think she realizes she could suck her right thumb if she wanted. I won't tell her if you don't.
And since I know you were wondering, these blocks are the craft we were working on.
As I was writing this Aves asked me to come take a picture of her arm on her head. I think she's just excited to be able to move it instead of being stuck in a sling.
Work it girl!

7 comments:
That is disgusting! The bone poking out part. She sure works that cast. It will be cute when you make it sparkley. I bet mod podge would work.
Wow, crazy story!! She is a trooper! I am glad she is ok. I haven't seen you forever- your kids look so big!
Cute pumkpins! Wish I lived close so I could come to your craft things!
Oh poor girl! I am glad she is ok and that she was so tough! The cast is adorable!
Oh little Miss Aves is a tough cookie! Still can't believe that happened. Glad you had a good experience at the ER. Btw, next time I start whining about a flight with a sick baby, I'll check to make sure something serious hasn't happened first. Broken arm totally trumps a sick baby!
Wow! That is crazy! Talk about perfect timing, since you had friends there to help you out. I would have freaked if that had happened while I was alone. She sure looks so big and so cute!
I'm so glad she's okay! I bet you were totally freaked out-I know I would have been! They are both getting so big and are such cute kids!
This is totally late... she's probably getting her cast off by now, but... you could just spray it with spray glitter... that would be fast. :) Thanks for the story!
Post a Comment