Saturday, September 17, 2011

I can't believe I'm encouraging this

My husband has a problem. Maybe not so much a problem as a serious MAN CRUSH. He openly admits it. You might have heard of this guy. His name is Jimmer Fredette. We know a girl who is an amazing artist (Hi Emily). Right before Father's Day, Klay was actually talking about having Emily paint a mural of Jimmer to hang in our house. I'm not exaggerating. So I can't believe I'm encouraging this but Klay received the following poster, framed and wrapped, on Father's Day. The only stipulation was that it hangs in his office instead of our house.
The funny thing is that I also gave him a family picture and pictures of our kids to put in his office. I was totally stressed about what size to print all the family pictures. After all, he's never had a real office before! Do I do them big so he can hang them on the wall? Do I do them small so they can sit on his desk? Yet there was no question as to how big to print the Jimmer poster... The biggest available option of course!

The verdict:
Pictures of our offspring: 4x6
Picture of our entire family: 5x7
The Jimmer Shrine: 20x30
A man's gotta have his priorities I guess.

(Yes, I realize it is September and I'm just now posting about Klay's Father's Day gift. If you've ever read my blog you probably remember we've had some computer issues that required our whole computer to be wiped clean. Sigh. I tried to post the Jimmer poster earlier but the file was just too massive for blogger. I just barely got around to reinstalling photoshop to be able to resize the picture to fit. And let's be honest, I suck at blogging lately. I'm fine with it.)

4 comments:

Shari Baker said...

So I find this absolutely hilarious! I have a LARGE picture of Kramer (Seinfeld) and now that we no longer have a room designated as an office in the house, due to the upcoming arrival of our baby boy, I don't know where to hang it...the guest room just doesn't seem right. Perhaps I'll take it to my office at work! At least you know now where Klay's priorities are, hahaha.

Katie Lee said...

This is pretty hilarious! my Husband and I actually made some shirts about a year ago for some friends that said "Fredette about it" and "Have you been baptized by Jimmersion?" They wore them down to a game! Haha! Love this post!

The High Family- said...

Oh Klay and his man crush! I think it is hilarious, not that he has a man crush, but that you encourage it. Ha ha. Love ya Linds, Miss you tons!

Mom O' Nine said...

So funny. I say the poster is kind of like a great piece of art hanging on your wall, and the family you'd want close to look at and smile about while working.