The Johnson family does an annual trip to Lake Powell each year. Two years ago I was 8 1/2 months pregnant so we didn't go and last year the family decided to take the year off. Unfortunately, Klay was in the middle of his semester of school and was starting a brand new job the week of Lake Powell. I had told him a while ago that I was going with or without him this year! I was telling him that I felt bad going without him and he said, "I would go without you in a heartbeat and not feel bad!" So then I didn't feel bad about it again! This was the second year I went with HIS family to Lake Powell without him because I also went with them one year while he was on his mission. I must say, it was MUCH more comfortable this time since I was actually part of the family and not so worried about trying to make a good impression!
So here are a bunch of pictures from the trip. Normally I would combine some into collages with photoshop but we had to have our computer cleaned off and I still haven't reinstalled it so I'm just throwing them on here to get it done.
The first day on the houseboats it takes a couple hours to find the perfect beach to dock at for the week. While we were driving I just happened to see all these dirty little feet sticking out from under the curtains. The kids had found the best view in the house!
Boston just hanging out with Grandma Johnson on the beach.
I was getting ready to take B-man for a jet ski ride so I set him on it and walked behind to push it off the sand. While I was behind him he totally ate it off the side and went all the way under the water! I'm a mean mom and thought it was hilarious and made him still go for a ride with me even though he was crying about it! By the end of the ride he was loving it and kept saying, "Again! Again!"
The kids LOVED playing in the sand. I wish we had a house on the beach because they would never be bored again!
We have 3 houseboats for the entire family while we are in Lake Powell. This seems like a lot but there are 24 adults and over 50 grandchildren in the family! (Not everyone goes every year but there's still A LOT of people!) On our boat alone we had 6 adults and 12 kids to fit in 4 tiny rooms. So every night we would plop the kids in front of a movie to let them fall asleep. I always love the mound of kids sleeping in the living room.
Our nephew Dominick used to babysit for us all the time when we lived in IF and my kids LOVE him. He helped me a lot with the kids in LP this year. Here Boston was reading off all the letters on the back of his shirt before bed.
Grandma and grandpa bought all the little grandkids mini camping chairs. I thought the kids looked so old in them! Here are 4 of the 6 cousins within a year of Aves.
They looked even bigger once they started carrying them down the beach in the cases.
My cousin Amber was so sweet to come with me to help with kids since Klay couldn't come.
Boston just lounging after dinner one night.
Aves was super tired every night and this night she was completely out after we ate dinner.
The kids on a tube ride. Avrie loved it until she got splashed in the face pretty good.Food tastes SO GOOD in Lake Powell! I think it's a combination of actual delicious food and just being super hungry from being in the sun all day. Kids were eating Spaghettios for lunch one day and B-man was enjoying them so much he licked his bowl.
Kids in the water. I never thought Aves would like the water because she used to be such a wuss about it but this year she really surprised me with how deep she would get in.
A houseboat shot. We had an AMAZING beach this year. Some years it's kind of small or steep but this year we had enough room for a fire pit area and beach volleyball.
Untill next year Lake Powell... you'll be in my dreams. Hopefully next year Klay will be able to come because it just wasn't the same without him!

No comments:
Post a Comment