Monday, April 25, 2011

Counting my blessings on an otherwise kinda crappy day

Avrie threw up last night around 9:30 and again at 7 this morning. But I'm so thankful that we weren't up all night! I can deal with puke but it's a lot harder at 3 or 4 in the morning so at least we got a good night's sleep.

We were watching Tangled in the living room when Aves threw up last night. But her Easter basket was sitting on the floor right by us so only about half the puke went to the floor, the other half made it in the basket. (Gross, I realize, but it was the first thing I saw that would get the job done so I grabbed it!) Maybe that's why the tradition of Easter baskets started? So kids can eat themselves sick with candy and then have a place to throw it all up... Sorry for the visual.
 
I promise this was yesterday before she barfed in it!

Boston is also sick. Yesterday he pooped on the carpet after his bath. And it was not the kind you just pick up with a wipe, it was runny and gross and I had to scrub at it for a while. But I'm grateful for disposable diapers so I don't have to deal with crap like that all the time (especially since it's been a frequent occurrence in his diapers since yesterday!)

While we're talking about scrubbing floors... the kids had a hay day with my makeup a few days ago. They dumped my liquid foundation and powdered bronzer all over my bedroom floor. But I'm thankful for google because that is where I went to find out that a little bit of hydrogen peroxide followed by liquid laundry soap will take it right out. (And by right out I mean I still had to scrub for over an hour, but there's not a trace of makeup and that stuff stains everything.)

But back to today...

I had to take the car in because the breaks are super squeaky and our tires needed rotated really bad. I'm driving to Provo Wednesday so it really couldn't wait. I called and they said they could do it for free in 15-20 min. Well I took it in and it took them 35 min and we have to get new front and rear brakes which will cost over $500.

But I'm so grateful I took it in before I drove clear to Provo because they said the front brakes are pretty much gone. And I'm SO thankful for mini DVD players because the kids were very well behaved while we waited since they got to sit and watch Mickey. (What troopers while they are both sick!) Plus, we just got our tax return so we actually have the money to replace them. I guess if we have to get them replaced this was the perfect time for it to happen.

Normally I would complain about the hail, thunder, lightening, wind and rain we've had this morning but it's a perfect kind of day to have sick kids (if there is such a thing as a perfect day to be sick). Both kids are napping right now but my plan for the rest of the day involves lots of cuddling and watching movies. I'm also glad they are sick now and not while I'm out of town and Klay is here alone with the kids.

Here's to hoping that the second half of the day goes better than the first... or at least that I can keep a good attitude about it! I hope your day has been less eventful (and less expensive!).

(Keep reading for a riveting post on our trip to the zoo. Two posts in one day!?!? Please try to contain your excitement.)

*Update: I think I've thoroughly confused my 3 year old. She just came out from her nap and I asked if her tummy hurt or if it felt good. She told me it hurt so I got out a bowl and told her if she was going to throw up to try to throw up in the bowl. She proceeded to tell me that she didn't want the bowl, she wanted her Easter basket. As long as it's not on the floor, I don't care where it goes so I'm just gonna go with it. Hopefully she won't get sick for a while and will forget that we use Easter baskets to throw up in! 

1 comment:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

cuuuuute backgruond!!!!! I'm guessing you did it yourself?? :) looks really good with that darling header! What a horrible time you have had- I am impressed at you staying so positive through all that.