Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mi Casa Nueva

I've always found it slightly weird when people post a million pictures of their house on their blog. Maybe because when I look at other people's houses I just compare myself to them and think, why can't my house be that cute and clean? So, before I take you on a tour of our house I have a confession: These pictures took about 3 days to get and I was cleaning for 3 days straight! I would even move clutter that I wish wasn't there and then put it right back after I snapped the picture! So there you have it. This is what my house should look like, but never really does!

Come on in!
I took that picture after we got here. In February. Do you Idaho Falls people notice anything that's missing? If you need a break from the snow head on over! (My shameless plug for visitors on every post.)

The entryway. That's right, we used to have a mini basketball court behind our door. Klay actually broke that hoop the other day and we took it down. I should take a new picture but that would require picking up the toys right there and that just sounds like a lot of work right now.

The living room (with my entertainment center that I LOVE).

Dining room that is seriously lacking decorations on that right wall. It's my current project. Also missing the 'M' in the Family frames. Hmmm...

Kitchen. Yay for pantries! And upper cabinets that aren't see through! Don't be jealous of my amazing photography skills.

I didn't care for this screen room when we looked at the house but the kids have already gotten tons of use out of it and I can't wait to use it during the summer.

The hallway. The most exciting part of the house right?

I hated this closet/shelving area when we moved in. I don't like clutter and tons of  'stuff' being out in the open. Baskets are SO expensive, especially when you have to buy 3 or 4, so I was excited to find these fabric ones for less than $4 each at Target. I quite enjoy this little nook now.

Avrie's room. Painting that dresser white is also on the list of projects. (It's a VERY long list. Can't wait for some warm weather to work on all these big projects.)

B-man's room. Poor kid always gets shafted. What a boring room huh? I should probably do something about that.

Bathroom in the hallway opposite the kids' rooms. Contain your excitement people.
The master bedroom is around the hallway to the right. However, it has become the catch-all for everything that doesn't have a place in the house. All my craft stuff is piled on one wall and is starting to make me crazy. We bought an armoire on craigslist last week to stash all the craft supplies but it only made it as far as the garage because it is so heavy. We're planning on moving it in some time this week and then maybe I'll add some pictures. Maybe. So there you have it. I hope that satisfies your curiosity Ashley. :)

19 comments:

The High Family- said...

Thank you! I have been waiting patiently for pictures. Love the house. So happy that you have more space. You really deserve it. Miss you tons. Don't get very comfy. You will be moving back in a few years. I am not giving you an option.

Rebekah said...

your house is SO cute! I LOVE your huge bay window, I will have like 4 of those in my dream home...so nice to have that milder weather:)
love, Rebekah

Deidre and Joseph said...

I LOVE checking out other people's houses. My hubby makes fun of me because I even check out closets. It's very adorable, you are quite the interior designer.

Mindy said...

Love it!! You have such cute decorations and are so crafty..I'm extremely jealous:) I would give anything to be over there with no snow on the yard right now!!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

why can't my house be that cute and clean?!?!? jk, jk. I love it thanks for sharing! Your home is darling!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

(by the way I wasn't just kidding about the cuteness and cleanness. Just about quoting you.... okay i'm done now)

Unknown said...

It is so cute!! I love it! We really need to get together it has been way too long!!!

Mason Clan said...

So i just realized that I was logged in as matts work account!! It is really us that wants to hang out! ha

Erin and Corey said...

You crack me up. I love your sense of humor. Why can't there be more Lindseys, preferably in Arlington? Or you could just pick up that cute, clean house and move it over here. Yes.

stevie kay said...

Seriously your house is adorable - and I'm very jealous :-)

And it'd be cute even with the clutter everywhere!

Kari said...

Wow, 10 comments already? Aren't you popular!

There were so many parts of this post where I was like, "Uh hu. Yep, totally relate to that!" Your house looks cute!

Nicole Fryer said...

I love it! What a cute house. I love the family sign in your Kitchen. I assume you made that, I need you to teach me how. Glad you are doing well there. We should come visit sometime.

Cam and Linds said...

Cute house Linds! and I absolutely LOVE your entertainment center too! So pretty!

Megh said...

Thanks for the pictures! What a great place! Even harder to visit you now, but that's life, eh? Maybe we'll do residency nearby...

AubreyandTerry said...

Not that you need anymore comments Miss Popularity, but here's another one anyway.... Love the house! It is so very cute and you did a great job decorating and pushing the clutter aside. ;) Glad you are enjoying Boise, and yes, all of us "I.F.ers" are jelous of the no-snow-on-the-ground part!

Calyn said...

It looks adorable! Thanks for sharing. It is probably so nice to have so much more space. Miss ya!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

So fun to see your house.....we need to see it person sometime:) Like in the spring when it's warm there and still snowing here!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Totally adorable Linds! You have a nack for decorating!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Awesome Linds! I'm glad I get to see where you live...it looks great!