Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A big girl bed

Klay didn't start work until about 3 weeks after we moved so I put him to work on a bed for Avrie. He's such a busy body I knew he would go stir crazy without something to do, so it worked out well for both of us. We got the idea from this great furniture making blog by Ana White. The plan is for a toddler bed but Klay adjusted it for a twin bed for Aves. I think it turned out super cute and, more importantly, Avrie loves it!


And somewhere on my long list of projects are some fun, bright, flowery pillows to add (and painting that brown dresser in the corner of the picture). We'll see when I actually get to them...

2 comments:

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Cute! Good job Klay...I'm impressed!

Sydney said...

That's a very cute bed! I understand keeping the antsy husband busy. Luckily we just moved and have a very long list of to-dos! :)