Monday, February 28, 2011

1 down, 4 million to go

I can finally check something off my long list of projects! I bought a flowery bedspread for Ave's room a long time ago. Once she got a real bed I didn't think I liked it as much as when I first bought it. I got a really good deal on it so I was going to try to resell it on craigslist, but when I pulled it out to take pictures Avrie instantly fell in love with it and wanted it on her big girl bed. Hmmm...

I decided I would make some cute pillows to go with it to spruce it up a bit and make it more my style. I found these two pillows at Ross and knew they were just what I wanted.
The brown pillow was only $2.99 and the silver pillow was marked $5.99 but had a huge rip in it. I took it up to the cashier and asked if I could have a discount since it was ripped. One phone call to the manager later, I had saved myself  3 bucks! (Which worked out perfectly since I was going to take the cover off anyway!)
One Sunday afternoon of sewing my little buns off and I am quite pleased with the results! For some strange reason Avrie has a strong attachment to the yellow pillow and hasn't set it down since yesterday. She says it's 'just her size.' (The blue fuzzy pillow is a dolphin pillowpet, which is why there's a random fin sticking out of it.)
I love all the subtle patterns that give them character but don't clash with the bed spread pattern.
I would love to make some for the living room but we'll see how many times a day I have to pick these up before adding more to the house!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Those are so cute Lindsay! Good job!!

Rebekah said...

such a cute girls bed, you did such a good job!
love, Rebekah

The High Family- said...

I adore those pillows!! Love how you just whipped them up. So impressed.

HUGHES FAMILY said...

I love it Linds! How funny...I just read your comment on my blog about my shirt and wrote back asking if you shop at Ross too...then I read this post. Love it, love Ross, and love you! : ) haha

Rachel said...

NO WAY!!!!!! I looooooooooove that!!! You're making me crave pillows. :)

Calyn said...

You are so talented. I won the headband you made last night at bunko. I love it- thanks so much! We missed you. I hope you are doing well!

Cassie said...

I wish we lived in the same state so we could be in a sewing group together!