Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scripture Bag

 It's so hard to get a good picture of little Missy lately! All these awkward smiles!
Avrie thinks she's pretty hot stuff when she carries her very own scriptures around at church since she goes to primary now. I can't believe my little girl is big enough to go to primary and she absolutely loves it! Tonight I finally pulled out my sewing machine for the first time since we moved and made her a little scripture bag.
I'm just wondering how long that flower is going to last before it's completely mutilated. I made it removable in case I need to wash the bag but I'm guessing it will need to be replaced before the bag needs washing!
A little pocket on the back with a velcro flap.
The cute green fabric on the inside is my favorite complimentary fabric ever! If I see it again I swear I'm going to buy a whole bolt.


(I think I'm setting some sort of a record with how much I've been posting lately. I guess that just means I'm bored and we need some visitors... hint hint.)

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Being a sewing lady myself... nice work! I love the flower. Hope it lasts a while!

Amber Wray said...

So cute! I want one! You need to start directions so those of us with less craft talent can give it a try! Miss you guys!

Johnsons said...

Super cute little bag!! Wish I was as crafty as you!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

I love it....I want one.

Rachel said...

That is the cutest bag I've ever seen!!!!!!!!! LOVE it!

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

that is one stylin' scripture bag! and an adorable little girl. So as for your question...I get all my tutorials off of a blog called Kevin and Amanda. You should be able to find it in a google search I think. She's got hundreds of super cute fonts that you can download and use in scrapbooking programs or on your blog, too! Check it out and let me know if you have any more questions. She makes it pretty easy, although it took me awhile to figure out because i'm a little illiterate when it comes to technology. :)

Rebekah said...

that bag is Darling! I would be proud to carry that around too! How did you make that umbelievable bow?? you are so talented! I loved your barn door as well:)I missed you at bunko:( ...but I hope you are liking Boise ok!
love, Rebekah

Heather Inns said...

How cute, you did a great job. I love all the posting, keep it coming.

Jaimie said...

So cute! That's a great idea. I should do that for my little primary goers.