when your two year old puts your flash drive in the microwave and starts it!
And nothing on it was backed up.
And all your digital scrapbooking supplies that took you two years to compile were on it.
And you're not even sure what else was on it but pretty sure you still want it all.
Can they retrieve files from a cooked flash drive???
January 2019
7 years ago

7 comments:
Oh geez, that's horrible! is the metal part out of shape? There is no harm in trying - make Klay take it to the BYU IT place to see if it's possible. They are pretty cheap labor compared to other companies and the smartest, in my experience.
hahahaHAHA! this made me laugh- not because i'm glad you lost your flash drive (that's horrible) but just the way you told the story.
I'm sorry! I think I most of your scrapbooking files are on my computer...if that makes you feel any better:)
Your blog is SO cute Lindsey! SO, that SUCKS about your flashdrive...what a nightmare. So after i graduated college I worked for Seagate (hard drive manufacturer)out of SLC, in their data recovery department. Basically, there are ways to retrieve your data...but it could cost you a couple $$$$ for worst case, best case only a couple $$$. I would call someone though, because most data recovery agencies do free evaluations, though you may have to pay for return shipping if you decide not to use their service...ok, so you are probably SO surprised that I had so much to say on this issue :) anyways, I can't wait to meet up next week and sew our little hearts out!
love, Rebekah
I've recovered deleted stuff before, but never fried stuff. We can always try before you spend money on it!
That is my worst nightmare. I AM SO SORRY, GUY! Good thing your kids are too cute to really be mad at. Boo.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Oh no!!! I hope it's not gone forever! That is the worst thing ever! I hope you can get those pics back!!!
Post a Comment