Monday, July 19, 2010

The Fruits (or should I say vegetables?) of our labors

It's very exciting to be growing our own food! It is so rewarding to go out and pick lettuce to use in our salad for dinner. I absolutely can not eat a radish without thinking of Grandpa Ward and I love that. I can't wait until the carrots and peas are ready to eat. YUM! (I have been slaking big time on  the weeding and they have slightly taken over. After 6 hours of weeding over 2 days I feel like I'm starting to make a dent in them. Then hopefully I'll stay on top of them so I don't have to do that again!)

4 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

beautiful veggies! garden food is the best. my favorite are beets, lettuce, and corn. and peas. and carrots.

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

I am a little jelous. This is the first year that wev'e been married that we haven't had a garden. The only thing I don't miss is the weeding:)

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I wish I knew how to garden! You truly are so talented in every way! By the way thanks for making that adorable car seat cover! I LOVE IT!!! Everyone asks me if I made it and says how cute it is! I think I might start telling them I do....just kidding. You are the best!

Cassie said...

Very impressed. I can't even keep cilantro alive.