Wednesday, July 7, 2010

He's bored with me and loves someone else

When Boston wakes up in the morning he doesn't start crying for me to come get him out of bed. Instead he pounds on the wall. So every morning I wake up to "Thud, thud, thud." I'm not sure if Avrie wakes up before that or if that is also her wake up call but she stays in bed until B-man is awake.

If Aves is taking a nap and Boston isn't then I have to barricade her door with a chair. I think Boston gets bored with me and he will crawl straight to her door and start pounding on it. I'm surprised he actually wants her awake with how much she picks on him these days!
Along with Boston's first birthday...
He got his first hair cut! At first I wasn't sure I liked it because it made him look so much older. Looking back, I'm glad we did it. He's such a handsome little guy :)
We've slowly been trying to potty train Avrie. She was doing really good for a few days and I thought she was getting the hang of it. Then... she went poop on the potty and it scared the crap out of her! (literally... ok, not that funny) As soon as she saw it coming out she just started BAWLING. It's been slow going since then. She wouldn't even SIT on the potty for a long time after that. Recently she's been showing a little interest again and even gone a few times. Little miss independent must do it all herself and sometimes this is what we end up with.

5 comments:

Jaimie said...

Definitely a good one on the hair cut--how handsome!
Potty training--ugh! I don't envy you right now. Good luck with that! :)

Kari said...

Happy first birthday! I'm trying to plan Beck's right now.

Rachel said...

I love that studly haircut, seriously he is the cutest little boy EVER!

Mindy said...

your kids are SOOOO adorable! Boston is such a stud and Avrie is Gorgeous! I'm done being cooped up with the kids..we need to get together!

Mom O' Nine said...

Love the hair cut. He is so adorable and Averie is a total doll.