Here's what I've been up to lately:
GARDENING
I've never pulled a weed in my life. I remember having a garden when I was very small but the only thing I vividly remember is finding a bug in the corn and being totally grossed out. I've always wanted to do my own but we've never had a spot for it until now. Who would have guessed that I LOVE it? Klay has been so busy with school and work that I even planted the entire thing myself! We've been meaning to borrow a hose and sprinkler from one of our parents but just haven't done it yet. So every single night after Boston goes to bed we go out and water each row with apple juice jugs. I've just about decided I don't even want a sprinkler. I love taking the time each night to go out and see the progress of the little plants and spend time with Klay.
The other day I was weeding and B-man was playing in the yard. I wasn't paying too much attention to him because I figure if I can see him and he's happy then I don't really care what he's doing. Looks like he got a little mud pie for lunch!A little dirt never hurt a kid huh?
CRAFTING
Craft night was really fun. Thanks to all who came. They were really fast and easy so if you couldn't come but still want to make one I would be more than happy to help you, just name the day!
I've been on a big sewing kick lately (more than usual- sorry poor, neglected kids). I made a little baby blanket that I love... now that I'm done with it. I'm more of a '5 hour sewing project' kind of girl. You know, projects that if things don't quite match up you just cut it off and make it work? Doesn't go over so well with quilts. So even though it was very time consuming and has a lot of imperfections I love how it turned out.
I also made some curtains for our front room. It's pretty bad when the rod costs more than the curtains themselves! To be completely honest, they didn't turn out quite how I wanted (but I'm not sure exactly what I expected) but I'm happy to at least have some finally.
KIDS
(Boston gave himself the bubble beard, no help from us!)
I have a confession. For the first time since I had kids and graduated from school and quit work, I am very content with where I'm at. I've always thought I would like to get a part-time job, something to get me out of the house. And for some reason I just never felt completely fulfilled. Klay completely supported me getting a job if that's what would make me happy. But deep inside I knew it wouldn't.A few months ago I sat down and thought to myself, I love where I'm at. I love being able to hang out with my kids all day. I love that my husband works so hard in school and work so I don't have to. I love that I saw Boston take his first steps. I love hearing my 2 year old singing every single word to Taylor Swift's Love Song. I love when either of them sits on my lap and cuddles me because they are such busy-bodies that it doesn't happen that often. I'm so glad I get to be their full-time mom and don't have to miss those moments. I just needed to make the decision to be happy and enjoy these babies, because they don't stay that way for long.
That doesn't mean I was loving my life this morning when Avrie had to go in time out for kicking Boston off the couch and she continued to scream her head off for over 10 minutes. Being a mom is not a glamorous job that is full of complete bliss 24/7 but there's nowhere I would rather be.
I'm so glad I've finally come to that realization. Jeeze, it only took me 2 years!






6 comments:
Love the pictures of your kids! I agree about having to decide that you love being a full-time mom! It definitely has its ups and downs, but I know at least for me, it's what I've dreamed of doing my whole life so why not enjoy it?
It looks like you guys have had a fun summer! We wish we could be there to enjoy it with you! Your craft turned out adorable and beautiful curtains! You are so talented!
I love your posts Lindsey. And NICE garden. Joseph would be proud. Did you see my blog about his garden? He brought in a zucchini the other day that's bigger than my arm.
I totally planted my first garden this year too! I love it! It's definitely a learning experience! I'm so glad you're happy being a mom. It's all I ever want to do! I seriously don't even wish I could work outside the home someday anymore. In fact, I love days that I don't even leave the house! I truly miss you!
Love your blog. Love your curtains, your blanket, your craft project. Oh, really love your kids! I get moments where I wish I still had my nursing career, esp with Mr Wonderful about ready to retire, but SO glad I was able to be with my kids. I am glad I was able to foster 30 babies and keep two of them. :) Life goes by SO fast. Years ago, I was so looking forward to just ONE preschooler and all the fun we would have--She missed all of her siblings and wanted to go to college with Megan! Now I look at her all grown up. Where did the time go? I'm happy with my choice to be a full time mother and glad I was given the opportunity. My mother wasn't. She sacrificed sleep, so she WAS a full time mother-always there for me, even though she worked full time--at her job AND home. I've had it so easy.
Oh wow, your garden looks BEAUTIFUL! So orderly, you've done a great job! And your crafts, WOW! I wanna do that plate thing, SO cute!
Post a Comment