Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good ol' Elder Holland

I came across this quote tonight and loved it so I thought I would share. I need to hear things like this once in a while.

"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.

God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe."
Jeffrey R. Holland

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, thank you so much for sharing! This is a wonderful quote and it will work out perfectly for my YW lesson this Sunday! Thanks!

Amber Wray said...

Thanks for this qoute! I needed it more than you will ever know! It was fun to see you last night and btw just in case no one has told you lately you are one amazing woman!!!! :)

Nat and Jesse said...

Wow--needed that one today! Thanks for sharing! Miss ya!

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

Wow- Its exactly what I needed to hear. (and I'm not just saying that!) thanks for sharing it with us. You're so Wonderful!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! I definitely needed to hear that!

The High Family- said...

Sounds cheesy, but I actually got chills reading that. That is an amazing quote. Good to be reminded how fortunate we really are and how our Father really does want to bless us, but we must ask him and remain faithful. You're always so good about finding the positive!

Rachel said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that quote! That is so awesome, thanks for posting!