Last weekend I made my friend a dress for her baby shower. A lady there saw it, loved it, and wanted me to make one for her little girl. I got talking to her and she said I should sell them. By the time I add fabric and the amount of time it takes to make them I have to charge $30 for them and I didn't think anyone would pay that much for one. Well, she wanted one anyway. So... I've decided to try to sell a few. I don't actually own my own sewing machine (thanks Brenda for letting me use yours!) so I've decided to try to sell just enough to buy my own machine. If you know anyone who wants one please send them my way. I want to post a few on etsy as well but the only thing that's stopping me is coming up with a good name so please let me know if you have a good idea for one :)
More info to come on these later when I have a few made and better pictures to post.
Here's the one I made most recently. I'll get a pic of the one without a ruffle and post it too.


Klay's going to DIE when he sees I posted this picture. I was just trying it on Boston to make sure it was the right size (12 months) and Klay DID NOT want me to take pictures of our son in a dress. Quite stylish with the PJ's under it, huh?
My accountant husband has been SO funny about all this. He's so excited that I'm starting my own little 'business' (as if making 5 dressed counts as a business!). He wanted to be my CFO so I hired him... and then fired him the same day. Ask me in person why and I'll tell you... I didn't like the way he was treating the seamstress :) Today I got on my email and he had emailed me about the 'CFO position available.' He had attached his resume with the normal header and info on the top but then the bottom section said in huge, bold letters: I'M YOUR HUSBAND AND YOU LOVE ME. I love you babe. Please hire me.' I like being the CEO of my own 'business.'
11 comments:
I love dressing up Beck. Have you painted Boston's toes yet?
Haha. The dress is so cute! Definitely put it on Etsy! You're family's so lucky they have such a creative mama!
You are hilarious and that dress is amazing!
haha this post cracked me up! Love the dress, great work!
That dress is SO cute and I love the fabric you chose! You should definitely sell them on etsy.
So cute! Look at you go! You might try a local farmer's market too, if you don't mind spending your Saturdays there. :)
Cute dress!! You have got some talent. If I had a little girl I would for sure buy one.
Great job! So cute! Oh, and I totally just saw those fabric flowers on a crafty blog and am dying to make some! Love it.
Lindsay can I just say, I LOVE YOU! Your spirit is so great and you are so upbeat and positive. Not to mention you are so talented I am envious! I just chuckled reading this post. You and your husband are so cute together and obviously made for each other! So I think i want a couple of your little dresses meybe as longer shirts to put leggings with or maybe just dresses. I don't know but i will be calling ya!!!!
Hahahah, I love that you put him in that dress, soooooooooo funny!! But really, you should make lots of them and try a craft fair! You really would do well! At craft fairs I've been to, there's ladies that sell stuff like that and make BANK. People are totally willing to pay that and more for something to cute and unique!
Try selling them on Etsy. Deidre has a friend that sells tutus and your hair bows on there and does well. Steph has some dolls made out of clay. She is waiting for a first sale. Your dress is adorable on Boston BYW. They mix up boy and girl babies on ads all of the time from what I have heard. Also $30 sounds like a great price for a "handcrafted" dress to me.
Post a Comment