Thursday, December 3, 2009

You know you say it too much when...

... your two year old daughter starts saying it to her baby! Avrie has started saying SO many things I say to her. It's pretty funny to realize what actually gets through that little head of hers when I think she's not listening. For the past few days her baby has been in "time out" A LOT. But today, it was, "Baby go in time out. STOP HITTING!" So even though I feel the time outs are useless, at least she knows that's what happens when you hit, right? Here's her baby with the "Figero" diaper on. (the little cat on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) The only way we can convince her to let us change her diaper is by showing her that Mickey Mouse is on it. She LOVES the ELMO diapers at grandma's house.

Getting ready this morning I turn around and see Avrie doing this to her baby.
She informed me she was "gettin' the boo-ders." (boogers) Both the kids have had runny noses lately so she's a pro at what to do with them now.

She also thinks she's a baby again lately. She informed me today when I put Boston in the swing that it was "AVRIE'S SWING!"

Here she is with all her "pretties" on at once. Who needs clothes when you have 3 rings, 3 heart-shaped bracelets, and 3 necklaces?

I gave Boston a bottle the other day and he held it himself! (With only a little help from the blanket.) I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

The usual sleeping position, all sprawled out-

A few weeks ago Klay and I headed down to the BYU game and had a blast! It was a long day since we drove down, watched the game, stopped at Klay's brother's house for a bit, and drove home, but it was still really fun and great to get away from the kids for a day. (Thanks to both sets of parents for keeping the kids!)

Next stop... LOGAN for an AGGIE BASKETBALL GAME! Nothing beats it so we're hoping to get there soon!

2 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

Mom and I LOVED the latest blog. The baby is adorable and Avrie is a total hoot. Loved the boo-ders photo.

Mindy said...

Cute post! Avrie is adorable, and I love it when babies start holding their own bottles! I'm so jealous that you and Klay were able to get away for a whole day!