Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My mad photoshop skills

My photoshop skills have impoved 10-fold in the past few months and MUCH of that improvement is in large part due to Miss Stevie Croft! Man, that girl can do ANYTHING in photoshop! I was making a friend's Christmas card tonight and wanted this heart out of the background. So I call Stevie up and she tells me over the phone and tells me how to do it in like 3 seconds! I was so proud of my work, and so thankful to Stevie, that I had to post about it. Thanks again Stevie!
Before:

After:

Last Thanksgiving my borther-in-law, Joe, showed me how to do some head swaps. We took a family picture with ALL of Klay's family so with 24 adults and 49 granchildren you better believe there's going to be some major head swapping going on! Well, my sis-in-law, Kerri, recently had family pictures taken and this is what a little bit of photoshop can do...
Pic #1:

Pic #2:

Combine to make the final outcome!
(I swapped out Kerri's (the mom) head, it's hard to tell now that I'm looking at it posted! The baby wasn't looking in any of them!)
Man, I'm LOVING photoshop more and more. The problem is I really like making announcements, invitations, etc. (things people look at and throw away). But I'm terrified to do my own scrapbooks! I'm going to be WAY too much of a perfectionist knowing that we'll have them FOREVER! I need to just get over it and get going I guess.

6 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

Looks really great. I shouldn't even be blogging with what I know about photos, etc., and can't believe the wonderful, professional blogs that I see, but I do it anyway. :)

stevie kay said...

About the scrapbooks - I have a little story for you! When I started digi scrapping, I thought my stuff was so cool. I was just so proud I had created anything. Fast forward two years and I just had my 2007 book printed. At first I cringed at my old work. I would redo it a million different ways (same thing for my photoshopping photos - what was I thinking?), but then I started to see some beauty in it. These scrapbooks show not only the progression and growth of my family, but also of my style and skill. Those first pages are a little scary, but they show just how far I've come. Moral of the story: perfect or not, I would strongly suggest you to start now and not worry how they turn out. You can always redo them later. And you may just end up loving them for their imperfections.

The High Family- said...

You do have some serious skills! Thanks again for all you did. I love the card!!!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Awesome! I'm wanting to get that...I might be calling YOU for over the phone instructions : )

Whitney said...

Way to go!! You are totally getting the hang of it. Now I know who to call when I need a little help!!

Rachel said...

WOW, that is so awesome!!!