Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a Family!

You should have seen our house last Saturday! Jay and Brenda are flying in to Salt Lake this Saturday and will be arriving here on Memorial Day. Last Saturday all of Klay's family came over to help get the house and yard ready for their return and it was quite a sight! There were men, women, and children EVERYWHERE working like crazy from 10 am to 5 pm! I'm so thankful for such an amazing family who is willing to serve and help. The woman cleaned THE WHOLE HOUSE like crazy... wiping down every wall and base board, cleaning every blind in the house, vacuuming every room, scrubbing every bathroom, even doing OUR LAUNDRY so it could be spic-and-span for them to come home to. Men in the yard mowing, weeding, raking, edging, cleaning the garage... anything you can imagine that can be cleaned or kept up was done! Even the kids helped haul grandma and grandpa's things upstairs and our things downstairs. It was complete chaos but you would not believe how much we got done! I am so grateful for all their help! I was planning on being so good and organized. I was going to start months ago to make sure everything was done before they got home. Then life happened; working full time, being a mom and wife, being 34 weeks pregnant and too tired to do anything! I can't thank everyone enough for all their help to make the house look so good. I could have NEVER done it myself and can't even express my gratitude for everything everyone did for us! What an amazing family I married into! We can't wait to see Jay and Brenda this weekend! Only a few days to go!

5 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

I'm glad they helped you. Many hands make light work...and saved you hours and hours of time.

Unknown said...

That is so exciting that they will be home in less than a week! I bet Klay is really excited. I love your family pictures on the side of your blog, by the way! What fun background!

Amber said...

Wow that was so great of them. Isn't it great to have such awesome family? I can't believe you're already 34 weeks! It's comin up!

The Christensen's said...

Happy Memorial Weekend. I'm glad everyone helped out!!!

Katie Lee said...

I love having such good family relations... don't they make all the difference? Miss you girl... okay, we REALLY need to hang out... especially since I am officially a stay at home mom now!!!