A few weeks ago Klay was studying late so I decided to just grab some Burger King for dinner. I was almost done eating when the phone rang. I was sitting the office talking to my mom for a while when I realized Avrie was being REALLY quiet. I thought as long as she was happy I didn't really care what she was doing. When I finally got off the phone, this is what I came out to see in the kitchen.

I guess she was hungry and my food was a little too close to the edge of the table! By the time I saw her she was just dipping her fingers in the fry sauce and licking it off! She LOVES fry sauce, ranch, ketchup, pretty much anything messy.
Thursday night I went to go pick up Avrie from Amie's after school and Amie was making those little chicken roll up things that you bake in the croissant rolls. Once I got home I realized I was CRAVING them. So I made Klay go to the store with me just to get the croissants for them and he doesn’t even like them to begin with. I don’t usually make things I know he doesn’t like but I HAD to have them so he would just have to eat them for one night. Then I took almost an hour making them, I forgot how high-maintenance those things are! Don’t they look delicious…
THINK AGAIN!!! We used a little chopper thing to make the onions really small and I guess it made them really potent because that’s all I could taste! I started eating them and didn’t like them but thought maybe I just needed to take a few bites. After a few bites I couldn’t go on any more. I told Klay he didn’t have to eat them because
I wasn’t even going to eat them. He actually
spit out the bite he was eating and said “Good, because those are so gross! I kept trying to tell myself that all that crunchy stuff wasn’t onions!” Good thing I was in a good mood that night so we could laugh about it instead of me bawling about it (which is more normal for me these hormonal days!). After all the work of going to the store and cooking for an hour, I had chips and Klay had a hot dog for dinner! I have to say though, that’s only the second time since we’ve been married that we’ve actually had to throw dinner away because it was gross. The last one was right after we got married… Ketchup Pork Chops, a whole other story in itself! Not bad for 3 years. :)
5 comments:
I love the messy face.
Those look so good, That so sad they didn't turn out. Live and learn, better lucky next time. How are you feeling? The baby should be coming soon right?
They look delicious! too bad they didn't taste good. I'm excited to come see you in a couple weeks. I think it's finally my turn to get up there!
She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! Those things look YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!!
That is so funny! That sounds like me. I love fry sauce. She's so cute
hahaha!! I love that story! cracks me up! at least Klay was honest! and I love that you guys laughed about it! Avery is stinkin cute and I love the messy face!
Post a Comment