Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our little artist

Avrie LOVES to read. She will always bring us a book and then turn around right in front of us until we sit her down on our lap and read to her. Lately she has been really good about reading to herself as well. Mr. Mom has been a good mommy because he even took these pictures of her reading all my herself. I've been going to nursery with Avrie for the past few weeks in hopes that she will want to go by herself in a month when she's actually old enough. The first day we went she didn't really understand coloring time and just tried to eat the crayons the whole time. I realized that it's time to start practicing coloring with her. We've been working on it a lot at home and she really loves it. However, the other day when Klay came into the kitchen this is what he found...
Here she is admiring her artwork...
After daddy took the crayon away...
A little juice makes everything better.
Thank goodness for magic erasers! Those things really are magic... what do they put in those little beauties that cleans so well???

12 comments:

Kristine said...

She is soooo cute! Those pictures are so fun. And I love magic erasers, too!!

stevie kay said...

I love that you're playing around in photoshop and procrastinating work (I do that all the time!). She's so stinkin cute even when she's crying!

Mom O' Nine said...

The photo collage is adorable. Wish I knew how to do them better. Mine....kind of stink, but I keep trying! Oh, Little Averie is SO precious. Thanks for the blog so we get to see her--those of us down her in AZ that do not get to see her in person. Post some more Avery mom and dad pics, too.

Mom O' Nine said...

meant, down here...not her

Cassie said...

Love that you took a picture of he crying! She is cute even when her face is covered with tears.

Jaimie said...

Magic erasers... I need one of those! Never heard of it but sounds like something necessary to my home happiness. :) Where do you buy it? Just Walmart? I currently have crayon on my drawers, kitchen cabinet, and tv... And permanent marker on a couple things but don't think that'll come out. Bummer.
She's wicked cute!

Rachel said...

She is just the sweetest thing ever!!!!!!! I can't believe how big she's getting, and into the markers too, definitely growing up!

Janalee said...

She is just soooo stinkin cute! I just love her hair! and she is so big! we miss you guys!

Amber said...

I can't believe how big she is! it's so crazy. Hope you guys are doing well!

AubreyandTerry said...

Hi! Love your blog! Your little girl is sooo cute! We had fun last Friday! We will have to do it again.

Streett's said...

HEY WE ARE MAKING OUR BLOG PRIVATE SO SEND US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO DKSTREETT@GMAIL.COM SO I CAN ADD YOU. THANKS!

Kami said...

Hey Lindsay!!!

I'm not sure if you remember me...its been forever since freshman year :) You're little girl is adorable and you look so great! It's good to see you're doing well!