So I have yet another question for all you moms out there. Do kids usually wane themselves from taking two naps to taking one or can we somehow help that process along? I used to think I would be so sad when Avrie stopped taking two because I loved having the two breaks. Well I will miss having both breaks but I am pretty sick of having to be here ALL DAY so Avrie can sleep. She usually goes down between 11 and noon until 1 or so and again from about 5 to 6:30. Most people say that's a really late nap but she still goes to bed between 8 and 9. She's 15 months old and I've heard that's pretty old to still be taking two naps but it seems like she really needs it. By the time she goes down I almost can't stand her anymore because she's so ornery! I've thought if I kept her up until 2 or so and laid her down she might sleep longer and not need a second one but I never make it to 2:00 because I can't stand her grumpiness any more! So that poses the real question, will she quit being so grumpy when she's ready to go to one nap or can I change her schedule (without wanting to give her away because of her fussiness!)?
3 comments:
I think we switched Grant to one nap right around 17 months. One Sunday he didn't get a nap before church (church was a nightmare) and so he took one long nap in the afternoon. I decided to keep with it. He was pretty grumpy all morning for the first week, but it got better. His nap starts around noon. Good luck with that! For being grumpy, she sure is cute!
Gosh, I'm no help at all really. I can't remember when Elsie started taking just one nap because she really just did it on her own I think. It was after Hallee was born though, so she was at least 16 months or so. Hallee still is taking 2 naps as well. Good luck with that!
It's always sad when my kids cut out the 2nd nap but in the end I'm always glad. I usually put my girls down (when they were that age) around 12:30 or 1pm. Because you cut out the 2nd nap, generally the 1st nap gets longer. So really it always seemed about the same amount of time, just both naps combined. My girls always have a 2.5-3 hour nap. Savanna doesn't nap anymore, but I was making her nap till she was 4 and still there are days, I have her go down. You'll love one nap so much more!! It will be longer and you can schedule your day better! Oh, and then because you cut out the 2nd nap, she'll go to bed earlier! Lilly goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up at 8am. It's so nice to have more night! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment