Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My random shopping find...

I'm a sucker for a good deal. Klay used to make fun of me for buying clothes for Avrie a year in advance but I can't resist those end-of-season major clearance sales when everything is like $5 at Old Navy and if I wait until the next season they will be $15! Well, I thought I would share my good find today. I was out looking for new bath toys for Avrie and figured the dollar store would be as good as any to find little toys that could get wet. I went in to that "Family Dollar" by Winco. I found out it's not really a dollar store but it's kind of like a mini (really mini) Walmart, it has a little of everything and some things are a good deal but some things are probably just cheap quality, too. I found some little pajamas on sale for $3. I hate buying pajamas for babies because they are so expensive and they just wear them to bed! I was so sad when Avrie grew out of those cheapy gerber zip up ones. Anyways, when the lady rang them up they were only $2.25! I was so happy! I got 4 pairs of pajamas for under $10. (If this isn't really that great of a deal and I'm just looking in all the wrong places, please let me know!) I just thought I would let everyone know in case there's someone else out there who is a sucker like me and wants to stock up! I know they had sizes 6/9 months - 3T and more... but I took all the girly ones in size 2T. :) (but there's probably still boy ones in 2T) I guess I get excited easily or something. Happy shopping trails to all.

4 comments:

stevie kay said...

That is a good deal! I usually get a lot of stuff from Once Upon a Child - they're a gently used children's store, but I still find tons of stuff unused with the tags on it. I don't know if you're into that or not, but they've got really good prices.

Mindy said...

That is so awesome..I'm totally going to go there! I used to do Once Upon A Child too, but I've noticed they've raised their prices on a lot of stuff so it's more than "new" things. Anyway, thanks for the info! My sis-in-law made a good point that part of emergency preparedness is having kids clothes for a year in advance. So that's what I've been trying to do as well.

Rachel said...

I get totally giddy over awesome deals too!!! That is a darling little outfit!

Kristine said...

Yeah for shopping deals! I get so excited when I find stuff like that. I call it a "shopping high." :) Thanks again for the craft day. It was so fun!