Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mrs. Johnson?


Remember in my post 25 things how I said I would really love to teach just a few hours a week, but no full-time desires? Well the world is a funny place. You are looking at (look at the picture on the top of the blog) the newest math teacher in Idaho Falls. I just found out Friday that I will be taking over on Tuesday for a teacher that had a baby recently. It's a full-time postition at a local Jr. High teaching freshman in Geometry and Algebra. Klay finished up the two duplexes he has been overseeing since last fall and wasn't having any luck finding a job he was interested it... or even a job that he wasn't interested in but paid decent! When we heard about the opening a few weeks ago I was a little (a lot) apprehensive about applying and it's kind of a long story how it all came about and why I didn't find out until 3 days before I start that I got the postion. I'm really excited to start teaching again because I loved my student teaching but I'm also A LOT nervous about starting, especially on such short notice. I was given lesson plans (well, worksheets and a test review) for this week and then it's all me. (Scary!) Klay is doing online classes this semester so he will be able to stay home with Aves all day and do classes and study at night. Obviously there's no one esle I would rather leave her with but I have a feeling I'm going to miss that little girl too much!

16 comments:

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

Yay! Congratulations. Let us know what your plans are the weekend you're coming. I'll try to work out getting off early or something to see you two!

Megh said...

Mrs. Johnson! You'll be the COOLEST math teacher ever! Isn't it funny how things work out... a little differently than you planned? No doubt it was all meant to be! Good luck! I'll be excited to read about classroom adventures- they're bound to happen!

Hatch Family said...

I know how you feel about going back to work. I hated leaving (and still do) but Justin gets to be with the boys so it is fun for them. And the money never hurts! Good luck!

Erin and Corey said...

Wow! Is this the job I called you about? Are you taking over for Casey Nelson? (That's April Nelson's sister-in-law FYI) Okay, wow... I didn't know you'd applied. Cool. Call me. I wanna hear the story, Mrs. Johnson:) How long is it? Congrats! That works out PERFECT that Klay will be home. You'll be great, really. Talk to you soon.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Congrats Mrs. Johnson!! Well that will be exciting - hard, but you know, you just never know why you earned that degree until times like this. I know the goal is always to stay with the kids -- but times are so tough right now and I'm thankful that you guys can get a job!

stevie kay said...

Well, that will make it a little rough to keep doing the craft afternoons where you'll be working full time, but we'll have to still do lunch sometime on a Saturday :-)

Congrats on the job opportunity!

Ben and Camille said...

oh my gosh!! congrats!!! i'm so jealous. that will be so much fun and you'll do great. good luck!!

Cassie said...

You will do brilliant, GUY! I still can't believe you actually like Math. Bless you. The world needs more of you!

Janalee said...

Congrats on the job that is wonderful news!

Kristine said...

Congrats! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Good luck and let me know if you ever need help grading or something. You'll do great with the kids. I mean seriously, who wouldn't love you as a teacher?

Vickie said...

Hi Lindsey aka Mrs. Johnson,

I know you will be great as a teacher!! My thoughts will be with you...

Aunt Vickie

Whitney said...

Congrats Mrs.Johnson. You will do great. Good Luck!

Cam and Linds said...

Congrats! You'll do great! Your students will love you!

~ Jamie & Tyson ~ said...

Mrs. Johnson does have a nice ring to it! Congrats on the job and also your new little boy on the way. I can't believe it. Time goes by way to fast. I feel like it was just barley you were pregnant when we were student teaching. In fact I remember when you were planning your wedding. Crazy! Well it is tough leaving your little one to go to work. I have been back teaching for a month and I miss Makell soo much! It is nice to get out, but I would rather be with her! Congrats again!

Amber said...

Wow congratulations! I could never teach math unless it was for very young people ha ha. But that is so exciting!

Tyson Christensen said...

Congrats! PS this is your cousin Tyson.