Klay's birthday was last Saturday and the only thing he wanted for his birthday was to head down to Logan for the Utah State basketball game. We left Avrie behind (thanks Kyle and Katie!) and drove down to Logan Saturday afternoon. On the drive down we had just passed Malad when Klay said "Holy Cow" (or something to that effect) and I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see a car JUMP off the side of the road going full speed. Klay saw the whole thing in the mirror. The car swerved from the right lane into the left lane and then overcorrected and FLEW off the side of the highway where there was quite a hill to go down. We pulled the car over super fast and jumped out to start running down to the car. Klay said "I dont' know if I can do this" as we jumped out of the car and my thought was "well, we're doing it so let's go." Klay doesn't deal well with blood or anything like that well
at all. I called 911 as I was running down the road so Klay was a little ahead of me. The car had rolled down the hill and was facing backwards so it was smashed on both sides, the top, and most of the windows were broken out. Just as we were running down a guy stood up out of the driver's side and he was the only one in the car. He had hit his head on the window, gotten a few glass pieces in the side of his face, and his hand was bleeding, but luckily nothing too serious. We started talking to him and besides being in a little bit of shock he was doing fine. He said he was super tired and knew he should have pulled over at Malad but didn't and had fallen asleep at the wheel. After we started talking to him another car pulled over and she was a nurse so she pretty much handled it from there until an officer showed up and we headed out. Once back in the car Klay confessed that he thought we were going to see someone ran into a tree or completely smashed in the car or something grusome like that. I have to admit that I'm glad it wasn't that bad because I would have been the one dealing with it ALL and then have to deal with Klay passed out next to it all! But I hadn't even thought about what we would come across so I'm glad it was the best case senario.
Once we got to Logan we just chilled for a while, went to dinner with Brock and Cherie Ball and headed to the game. It was a great game and of course Utah State beat Boise so that made it even better. Brock and Cherie's baby, River, held out like a champ during the game, even sleeping through some of it! We stayed in a hotel that night and headed back Sunday morning with no crazy incidents on the drive back, thank goodness! So it was a quick trip but great to get away for a night.
Here we are having a wonderful (babyless) time at the game.


Avrie just started sitting through a whole episode of Micky Mouse Clubhouse and it's SO NICE for us! That may be bad that we are glad our 14 month old child will sit and watch TV but it sure makes my sleeping in a little more peaceful :) I didn't know how much of it she actaully understood but there's one part where Mickey say's "Say Oh Tootle!" and Avrie will say it every time with them. It's amazing to me how smart she is getting! Here she is watching an episode and snuggling with Klay.
We love Avrie's morning hair, here is a picture of a normal "morning do" for Aves. 
8 comments:
Avrie is a doll! I'm glad you guys had fun. It was no trouble watching her. She was so good and especially loved Kyle. Let us know if you ever want/need us to watch her again.
Holy cow, she has so much hair! Hallee's practically bald still. :) Oh well. Guess it's easier that way, although it's getting to the awkward stage of being not enough to do but too much to just leave. Your little getaway sounds fun! Except the crashing car part... glad it wasn't me. I am a nurse and would feel like I was supposed to know what to do! Ugh... :)
That is the craziest car wreck witness story, yikes! I would be freaked to see gruesomeness too!!! You guys are awesome to stop and help him. Avrie has such KILLER hair, I love it! Haha, I love the obsession with Playhouse Disney because even as I type this Lilly is begging for Minnie!
I probably would have passed out just seeing the car fly off the road, I'm glad he was ok. Avrie's hair is cute, it reminds me of Macie's in the morning. I actually have to brush hers in the back because it gets so tangled when she sleeps!
I still cannot handle how adorable your little girl is. I just want to squeeze her. My son had some crazy morning hair... we just buzzed it all off... his first hair cut. Miss you girlie!
That was a super scary story. I am so glad that nobody was seriosly hurt and that Klay didn't pass out! Cameron is the same way with blood. When I was about to have Cade, I had to stop pushing so Cameron could get some oxygen. I was seriously thinking, I am the one pushing out a baby and my husband is on oxygen. It must be a guy thing.Anyway...Avrie's hair is adorable!!
How crazy would that be. I am glad no one got hurt and you got to Logan safely and had a great time. I wish we would have got together before I left but maybe when I came back to visit we can, I will let you know. Did I ever send you that picture of you, me and Erin when we went to lunch last time? I was not sure if I did or not if not I will send it to you if I didn't already. It turned out really cute. Any way thanks for blogging it is so good to hear what is going on in your life.
Hey im so sorry... I just say your comment.. We were out of town that weekend.. We would have loved to get together.. Were sorry. We need to do something soon... Avrie is so dang cute!
Post a Comment