Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All the low people out there

Last week I started applying for a bunch of tutoring jobs. I figure it's about that time of semester when parents start freaking out about their kid's grades, we could definitely use the extra money, I really miss teaching, and it would give me a chance to get out of the house a few hours a week. So I got on Craig's List (thanks Reed for introducing us to the all powerful Craig's List) and started searching. I found quite a few that paid really well so I sent them an email and my resume. I was so excited to hear back from three of them and you'll never believe this... THEY ARE ALL SCAMS!!!! They ALL happened to be from the UK, sending their kids to the U.S. while they went on business trips for a month, needed someone to pay the nanny since she didn't know the banking system here, and wanted me to cash the check, take out my portion, and mail the rest to the nanny. So it's one of those "I pay you then you cash it and pass most of it on and get screwed in the process" scams. I seriously want to write these people back and tell them how low they are for trying to take advantage of kind educators, who probably don't get paid that much in the first place, who just want to help their children! What has this world come to!?!? And I've heard nothing back from anyone normal and honest. So (here comes my plug) if you know of anyone who needs a tutor, I can tutor any math up through calculus and have been a tutor before (and am a certified math teacher). Thank you, that's all, I'm done. :)

9 comments:

Heather Inns said...

Yeah I am still planing on lunch fri. I still need to see if it is ok with kim and kristine. That is great mindy and erin will be there too. I will call you tomorrow and let you know. Where do you want to order food from?

Ben and Camille said...

Wow!! I can't believe that! That's how I found my job right away...keep your eyes open, something will come up. And that's totally funny because that chalkboard is the exact picture I used when I posted that I got the job! Sweet!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh how annoying!! That would drive me crazy!!

You'll find something -- you are so smart and so qualified. Maybe advertise at a local school? Talk to some teachers? If my hypothetical kid was struggling, I think I might ask the teacher for advice.

Katie Lee said...

I do love craigs list, but I got a similar thing. Someone needed a 'typist' in their office in Idaho falls. When I sent an inquiry, they replied with one of those "type online and become rich quick" scams. but I have got some really good stuff on craigslist: our motorbike, our tahoe, living room furniture, etc...

~ Jamie & Tyson ~ said...

Sorry about the scams. Well, I need a sub for 6 weeks if you want to come back to Logan and sub for me!

Amber said...

Hey lindsey! It's Amber! I found your blog from All's comments. How the heck are ya? You look so great and i just love your cute little family. Be sure to add me to your blog. Love your face!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! That is such crap! I've heard of that happening before and it just makes me sick. There are some real sicko's out there. Sorry about all that! I'm glad you found my blog, by the way! It will be fun being able to keep up with you guys. So fun! I hope you're doing well! :)

Whitney said...

Hey lindsey I just found your blog and wanted to say hi. Your little family is so dang cute. I can't believe that your little girl is already one. She's adorable. Sounds like everything is going good.

A girl named Holly... said...

Hi linds, just wanted to say hey, and that I like you. Good luck with your tutoring:)