Today is one of THOSE days... I am SO bored! And I keep thinking to myself, "There's got to be more to life than this." I know it's just a mood, but this mood makes me so discouraged. Today I watched "Regis and Kelly," changed a few diapers, gave Aves some Cheerios, changed the laundry, laid Avrie down for a nap, cleaned like 50 milk spots out of the carpet, picked up the kitchen... now I plan on mopping and polishing the floor (Brenda would NEVER let it get this bad in the first place), doing the dishes just so there will be more later today, changing the laundry again just so there will be more of that too, changing some more diapers just so there will be more dirty ones later, making dinner just so I can do it again tomorrow... if you can't tell it's quite a foul mood I'm in! So, what does everyone out there do when they feel like this? (And I sure hope I'm not the only one who gets like this, so someone has to have some advice!) Some days it's just not that fun to be a mom, house wife, maid, chef...
January 2019
7 years ago

13 comments:
Add on crying, sick babies (and a sick me) and that is my day! I have started sewing, taking pictures and trying to think of new things to learn so that when my days get like that I have another option and hope that it gets better :-)
Believe me, you are not the only one who feels that way sometimes!! Housekeeping can certainly get monotonous. Sounds like it's time for a girls night out, date night, or let Klay watch Avrie and you go shopping night! I guess that's what I do when I get the mommy blues. Call me!
Well I don't have kids but I can't wait for the day i get to quite and be a house mom. So I don't know about you but I am thinking of all the projects I get to start and learn so many new things. sewing, scrap booking, new things to make and cook. We do need a girls lunch out again I will try to put one together. When and where?
You just explained the story of my life!! I am glad that you did cause i feel like that a lot and i am glad that someone else does too!!! I loved this post!!!
Amen! I have those days a lot lately.
I guess the best thing to do is to just find something, anything, different to do, like call a friend you haven't talked to in a while, or bundle Avrie up and go for a walk, or run over to your or Klay's parents house. Or come hang out with me . . . I'm dying for some company!
I totally agree! AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! Don't get me wrong being a mom is great, but we need breaks too. I think we need a girls night. Oh ya, about this weekend, I will be out of town for my old roommates wedding. I am so bummed. We would love to come, how about you do it another night, ha ha just kidding. I need your phone number. E-mail me at ashmmack@hotmail.com-I will give you my number.
I feel like that a lot lately too...I've learned that when I feel like that Tim takes Audrey for an hour and I do what I want to do, or we go on a date, etc. I've also learned I need to be more optimistic. For example, the other day while doing the dishes I had this thought "I'm grateful for dirty dishes because that means my family has enough to eat." Good luck! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has those kind of days!!
Sometimes it helps me just to get out of the house so I don't have to look at or think about all that stuff, because like you said...it never ends. I have even asked Kyle if I could quit. :) Leaving everything the way it is and doing something I like or want to do always helps too. Hope it passes. If you want/need to get out with Klay, we will always babysit. I am sure my girls would love another playmate.
Think about how I'm at work everyday and you're not haha. and think about how you get to come see me! Yeah you get to come the football game!
I think this is why I can't keep a job for longer than a year! I just don't like the monotony! I don't know what I would do with a kid!
You're awesome lady.
Lindsey, Your blog page is cute, don't get discouraged. Your a great mom and you are doing the most important job right now!!!!And you will reap great rewards!!!!
Just remember to do a few things for yourself,do lunch, or go to the show or have your mom or mother in law tend your sweet Avrie. So you and Klay can have a date. Your doing awesome!!!! Love ya
I totally know how you feel!We should definitely get together sometime and get crafty or something. Now that we're going to be here for awhile I'm getting some friends together each week for playdates...let me know your number and I'll give ya a call!! :)
Oh man, I love this post!! I remember when Savanna was a baby and I went into a huge depression because I felt barfed on, like a cleaning slave and had no hobbies. Life gets busier though and you'll look back and wish you could be bored again, haha! But now I'm in a dinky town and bored again and it's actually kind of nice. I'm sure I'll get tired of it soon! But get involved with activities and always MAKE TIME FOR MOM!!! You deserve it!!!
Post a Comment