Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life as we know it is OVER...

We were babysitting for Jodi and JD this weekend and the whole time Avrie was reaching so far for things that she would get up on her hands and knees but then after she got what she wanted she would just sit back down again. Well, on Sunday night this is what happened...

Please excuse the naked baby, but we knew we needed a video whether she was clothed or not! She kind of crawls on one leg and drags the other, but is still able to get where she wants to go (or where she is bribed to go by a cheerio). Actually, she hasn't done it since then. Maybe she knows that since there's not 3 other kids around if she crys long enough I'll just get her whatever she wants instead of ignoring her or being too busy with other kids. But I know it's not going to take very long before she's cruising all around the house and I'm not sure whether I'm ready for this. I like my morning ritual of propping up a bottle for her and then putting her on the floor with a bunch of toys while I go back to bed for a few minutes (it's no secret that I'm NOT a morning person...). Guess it's time for me to actually get up with the baby!


On another note... I started snowboarding my freshman year of high school, so about 9 years ago. That winter, my parents were very kind and bought me a snowboard at the ski swap for $99 and some of the newest and coolest bindings - clickers. These were all the rage at the time and I thought I was so cool that I could click in and out faster than any of my friends. For anyone who snowboards and has tried these, you realize that they are super convenient... and super stiff to ride on. So for the past 9 years I have been using this $99 board and bindings that I should have gotten rid of long ago. Here is a picture of the beauty.

Well, when I graduated from college last December, my parents and my grandparents both gave me a rather large amount of money and I was instructed to use it for something for myself and something that I could say specifically "I used my college graduation money for this." I thought a lot about all the things the money could buy and decided that I would eventually get all of them but I didn't know how long it would be until I could really justify spending that much money on a new board, especially since I had one that had been "fine" for 9 years. So I've been keeping my eye out for 9 months now and finally found the deal I was looking for and bought a new board!!! Here she is in all her glory (except mine is black with pink and white, not gray and brown):

When I bought the board on Monday I was SO stoked and couldn't wait to mount the bindings, put on all my gear, and just stand on it... or just stare at my new baby. After I paid for the board (which confirmed my feelings that I would have never spent that much on a new one unless I was instructed to do so) the lady told me they would have it mounted and tuned and I could pick it up on November 1. WHAT?!?! I have to leave my brand new prize here for 3 months!?!? But I did as I was told and left her there and cried as I drove home, just for a second. :) And that is why I had to find a picture of it on the internet instead of the real board. I also got those boots that you twist the little thingy and it tightens them really tight so Klay doesn't have to make sure they're tight enough like a small child might have you do. (You can tell that I've been using clickers for nearly 10 years when I have no idea what my new boots are even called.) Anyway, that was a long story to say that I am totally excited to go boarding now and can't wait for the snow to come. Ok, maybe I can wait a little longer but I'll be excited when it does!

13 comments:

Johnsons said...

That is exactly how Aubree crawls. It gets her around pretty fast. The difference is that I was ready for her to start being able to get around on her own. Crawling has been good but now that she is getting closer to walking, I'm not so sure. :) Enjoy it while it is just crawling and watch out for the stairs.

Streett's said...

That is so funnny! I love that video! Oh and how fun getting a new board, that made me realize my "new" board is now 5 years old. :)

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

Yeah She's Crawling! Cnogratulations Avrie!

Kristine said...

Cute video! Crawling is fun and scary at the same time. I love your new board. That is hilarious that you are upgrading from the "clickers." We need to get together again!

The High Family- said...

Cute blog! Avrie is getting really big. She really is a beautiful baby!

Cassie said...

GUY!!! So exited to see your comment on my blog! Look at your baby girl. I don't think she could be any more precious. The new haircut is totally cutting edge in the baby world.
I sure do love you!

Cam and Linds said...

GUYMON!!! You don't know how excited I was to find your link on Jess's blog!! I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing well, and by the way Avrie is adorable! Well I am just so excited to be able to stay in touch with you now, and if you ever venture on down to Utah...let me know and I will see if I can't set up a much needed L3 reunion!

Megh said...

Avrie is getting so big! We're excited to see her (and you guys) again, whenever we get the chance! And, congrats on the graduation present!! That is so exciting!

~ Jamie & Tyson ~ said...

Hey I am so glad you found me so we can keep in touch. Your little girl is a doll! I can't believe she is already crawling. I have some of the mixed feelings you do about moving on to the next stage, except my baby isn't even born yet. I told Tyson the other day that I don't think that I am ready for the diaper bag and stroller and car seat life, I just wish that I could stay pregnant for a little while longer. Oh well, there is no turning back! Soon she will be crawling and walking just like your little angel. How fun!

Katie Lee said...

hahaha! my husband finally took me snowboarding after we got married (our first winter together). i was an instant addict- so much so that he bought me a snow board/boots/bindings/matching snow clothes to go snowboarding for years to come. Well, it's been two years and I STILL have not used my new board (our work schedules are very off from each other.) so I am super jealous that you are gonna be going this winter. You'll have to let me know when, and we will come with you!

Heather Inns said...

lindsay your blog is so cute good job. And you thought you would have a hard time. Very cute. How is everything going? Hope all is well.

Nicole Fryer said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she is big enough to be crawling already. We are just starting to roll over here at our house. Everything is so exciting when there are babies around.

MissMolly said...

Yeah snowboarding!!! I can't wait, as soon as it hits august I start having butterfies just waiting for the snow. Oh we used to have so much fun when we rode together! Come down here and we'll go sometime. I think I'm going to make my first big purchase of "I've graduated and I have a big girl job now" and I think it'll be a brand new pair of skis! Oh.. snow. I love it.