I have a rather gross question to ask all you moms out there... but I don't know what else to try. Avrie has been constipated for 6 days now. It's not so bad that she's not going at all, but every time she has to go to the bathroom her face goes completely red and she starts grunting like crazy and at least once everyday she is pushing so hard that she throws up. I've quit feeding her solid food and just have her back on formula. I've tried putting a little caro syrup in her bottle. I've tried those little suppositories. I've been trying to give her tons of juice and grapes. And as of today, day number 6, she is still having such a hard time going. She is also teething right now so you can imagine that we've been a little miserable and fussy around here the last week or so... But you all survived so that's what keeps me going :) If you have any suggestions on things you've done, or even heard of to try, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!
After Avrie's first time ever trying to feed herself. Notice her one tooth. There's another one coming in right next to it now.


She loves being able to crawl and pull herself up on her knees to reach everything and make big messes!
We like to call her the CRUSHER because she gets so excited about food that she squeezes it and totally crushes it in her hand. Then she has to lick it off.
Lots of juice now...

4 comments:
Oh, I wish I could help. But I love seeing new pictures!!
With Aubree, feeding her baby food prunes helped. Since Avrie doesn't eat baby food, I don't know what to tell you other than the dark karo syrup and lots of apple juice. If you are watering it down, try to give it to her more concentrated. See if that helps. Hope you find something that works!!
Haha. I'm seriously missing being there and i can't believe she's talking!
She is so stinking cute! I wish i had some advice. But our problem was usually just the opposite with digestion. Couldn't get him to stop going. Haha. When he was constipated a few times, karo syrup in his drink and baby food prunes worked. You're doing a great job. We need to hang out! You can teach me some of your crafty ideas!
Post a Comment