-A TON of my friends have been having babies lately. I look at those newborns all cuddled up in mommy's arms and it almost makes me baby hungry. Then my 3 year old throws a MASSIVE fit and I realize if I have a baby then in three years it will be 3. The baby hunger passes very quickly.
-Speaking of fits, I took both kids to the craft store earlier today and it was a disaster. I went with my friend and her 2 kids. Bman was sitting in the cart and when Kaiya tried to climb on the side it tipped over! They were both screaming but calmed down pretty fast. Avrie, on the other hand, started crying and would not stop. She wasn't even the one who got hurt! Some raunchy lady kept walking by the isle giving us the stare of disgust. I seriously wanted to say something to her like, "Lady, this is part of having kids and we're dealing with it. If it bugs you then maybe you should go look somewhere else in the store and come back in a minute but we don't need your judgment right now. You must not have kids but if you do they probably hate you so maybe you should get over yourself." Wow, that sounds rude. But she made me really mad. Ok, enough about that. I'm getting worked up again.
-I need 4 more arms to change Boston's diaper. He kicks his legs, tries to sick his hands all over the nastiness of poop, tries to roll over, cries the whole time I change him... I just changed his stinky diaper and may or may not be sweating a little bit right now. I'm going to count that as a workout for today.
-We went to Salt Lake for a baby blessing and it was wonderful. We got to see some of Klay's family, see some great friends we have down there (we love you Gauchays!), go swimming at the hotel, eat lots of yummy food, and Aves reconnected with her little cousin Ellie. They were instant best friends again. I was so good to remember to take my camera. Then I tried to take a picture on the car ride and realized I had left the memory card in the computer at home. Bummer.
-Also this weekend, we had to get both kids to bed in one hotel room with only a king bed and a pack and play, endure 10 hours of driving in 2 days with two toddlers... hmmm, the list of negatives from this weekend seemed a lot longer. Maybe those few things are enough to not make me want to do that again soon.
-I'm VERY ready for tax season to be over. However, I know Klay being in school will actually be worse. Even though he works long hours right now, at least when he comes home he's done for the night. When school starts there's always homework to be done.
-I hate trying to think of what to make for dinner. I wish someone would just tell me what to make every night and I would do it. My sis in law makes a 2 week menu and I think I'm going to try it. It would be wonderful to wake up knowing what's for dinner. Then I wouldn't be blogging at 6 pm with no idea of what to make.
-I feel like everything I cook involves cream of chicken, cream cheese, taco seasoning, or salsa. I need to branch out and try something new. I'm sick of everything I make. (Making it even harder to try to think of something for dinner.)
-I must be hungry blogging about my dinner woes.
-I'm SO ready for summer. My kids have been watching insane amounts of tv lately and I can't wait til they can play outside instead. It's supposed to be in the high 60's later this week. I can't wait.
I just read over this and it is sounding very negative. I didn't mean for it to come out that way so I'm going to stop. You know, thanks for being there for me, my blogging friends. I can vent all I want and you can read if you like or skip right past it, but it sure makes me feel better to get it out! Maybe next post will be a bit more uplifting. I'm just keepin' it real people.
Edited: I was browsing the blogging world and stumbled upon this. It made my day feel like it had a little more meaning. So I went and read some books with my kids. I felt much better about the afternoon. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.
January 2019
7 years ago

6 comments:
We heard from all the Schows that you were at Daxton's blessing, and we were so sad that they got to see you and we didn't! I feel your pain about dinner! Have you tried ourbestbites.com? Everything I've ever made from the site is delicious.
I'm coming up with my two week menu tomorrow. I'll email it to you if you want.
I think it is this time of year.... it snowed today here! My list of complaints is probably double so don't worry about being negative! haha I think we all need a little sunshine to help us feel better!
Thanks for keeping it real, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these things!
And it's sunny here, oh my!
I know how you feel about the dinner thing. I hate trying to decide what to make. My friend just started this cooking blog with her sisters its howetocook.blogspot.com you should seriously check it out. There are some really good things although most of them involve the regular cream cheese, cream of chicken, salsa and taco seasoning but they are still good!
You're not negative at all...I'm sick of everything I make right now too!! : )
Post a Comment