Saturday, August 21, 2010

{Day 3}

I left around 6:00 Thursday night and this is what the house looked like:
I was amazed that when I got back on Friday around 5:00 it was a completely different sight!
Friday was the first day that there wasn't a lot of filming on site so the construction  was underway in full force! It was awesome to see so many framers all working just doing what they needed to. I'm surprised there hasn't been any injuries yet with all the bodies working pretty much on top of each other and all the machinery everywhere.
Here's a view from the back of the house. The family used to have an apartment off their house so part that is over the garage is a studio apartment the family can rent out to bring in a little extra money.
Just hanging out behind the house.
I was laughing when I looked over and saw two girls standing by the house leaning on shovels while texting on their phones. I had to get a picture even though they had put their phones away by the time I snapped it! Klay later told me that they were supposed to stand there and make sure nobody walked on the concrete patio because it wasn't dry yet. So they really were doing their job just standing there! (Sorry it's so blurry)
 Here's the big man himself in the house. It really was unbelievable to walk in and see framers working, doors being hung, windows being installed, and electrical wire being ran all at the same time!
 
Klay with our nephews and their friends that came to help with framing.
This is what the house looked like when I left at 1 am, just 6 hours later! Klay's cousin, Jordan, is the person standing over the peak posing for the camera. I'm a little sad the framing is done because now it's not as entertaining to watch since you can't really see everything going on. But everything is running smoothly and right on schedule and everyone is happy about that.

4 comments:

Ryanne said...

Lindsey! That is so awesome... sawesome. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. You need to come visit soon. We want to be down in IF in the next few weeks. I'll let you know if it happens.

Heather Inns said...

Oh my goodness that is amazing, I am sure you are having so much fun.

Cam and Linds said...

How cool Linds!! What a fun thing to be a part of! That Ty sounds like a real winner!

Rachel said...

This whole story of that family is SO sad but what a NEAT ending! And so awesome to be a part of it! Can't wait to hear more!