Saturday, May 22, 2010

Craft Day!!!

PLAN ON IT:
Wednesday, June 9
6:00 p.m. 
My house - If you don't know where I live, leave me your email and I'll tell you
No kids allowed (unless you are their only source of food... if you get my drift- my house is TINY)

Ok, I've been trying to think of something for weeks (months really) and looking at craft blogs for HOURS. Really, it's 1:56 a.m. and I've been on my butt doing this all night. Klay had a super long day studying so he's been totally zonked out since about 9:30 and it's a Friday night. I have the sweetest life ever... Anyway, I've had a REALLY hard time coming up with something extraordinary for craft night. But here's what I think we'll do... Drum roll please:
(Pic and idea courtesy of the blog Crap I've Made)
You will need:
- Plate (go to DI or Walmart or something, it can be ugly because we're just going to cover it)
- Enough fabric to cover your plate (the blue polka dots on it are actually a piece of fabric)
- 1 or 2 pieces of coordinating paper (that's what the red part is)
- If you have mod podge, bring it. If not, I'll have a few available to use, don't go buy any.
- I will cut out the first letter of your last name in either black or white vinyl and have that ready when you arrive (Letters will be 5.5 inches tall, that's as big as my cricut cuts) ...Is that too big? I haven't made one yet!

We will order take out. I'm still working on the specifics. I'm thinking Chinese or Cafe Rio, any objections? Or preferences? It will probably cost $5-10 depending on which we get.

I chose this craft because I wanted something that didn't take too much time so we could all get it done before we went home and still have time to eat and chat. After all, that's what we're all really coming for anyway, right?

Let me know if you can make it and if you want a black or white letter. 
Hope to see you there!!!

*P.S. I found a plate at the dollar store that I think will work great, so don't spend more than $1 on it!

16 comments:

Nicole Fryer said...

That sounds like fun. I would totally come if I lived closer. Have a good time.

Rachael and Clay Anderson said...

I would love to be there! My mother-in-law makes these, and she's not crafty at all, so I'm sure you'll do an awesome job. I miss you!

Geoffrey and Sharee said...

How about a Craft day in Utah instead??

Josh and Kelli said...

I'm in! And I want my letter to be black! Thanks for putting this together. I think it's genius. :)

Jessica Stark said...

I'll be there! And I want black please!

Amber said...

I want to come! I hope I can find some cute fabric and figure out what I want!

AubreyandTerry said...

I'll be there... (not that Terry knows this yet). Can I get back to you on the color of the letter? Would like to maybe find the fabric first.

Calyn said...

I will be there! I will let you know what color after I find my paper and fabric! Thanks- you are such a sweetie!

Cassie said...

Stop living in Idaho. It even has the appropriate letter! "C" is for CASSIE!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

I'll be there...hopefully without the little guy. I would love a black letter. Do you want any help?

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I'm jealous. I want to come and craft with you.

Amber said...

A black letter should be fine :) Let me know if you want some help!

Britney O'Connor said...

Totally don't know you- but my sister in law Amber (Miles) showed me your blog- and I saw that plate on Crap I've Made. If you have any extra room I'd love to come with her and do this with you guys! I won't take up much space, I promise! :)

I added you on fb...so just let me know- either way is totally fine (I get the small house thing, mine is TINY)!

Heather Inns said...

How cute, I wish I was in town to come. Hope you have a great turn out and have tones of fun.

Rachel said...

I wish I lived by you! SO cute!

Amber said...

Hey Linds, I won't be able to make it after all. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks so much! I wish I could come!