Friday, March 12, 2010

The "I love being a mom" post (that I don't write nearly as often as I should!)

In the midst of posting about pens all over our walls, sick babies falling asleep everywhere, 2 year olds ruining computer keyboards, and what I thought I would be before I had kids... I've forgotten to write about why I love being a mom. I'll admit, I'm not the kind of person who *LOVES* being a mom every second of everyday. I get burnt out, impatient, BORED, and tired way more often than I should. I start feeling like I'm sick of being home all the time and feeling like my brain is just a big blob that gets bossed around by babies all day long. However, once in a while when I'm feeling like this I have a day like today that makes it all worth it.

Boston is feeling much better and it's obvious in his behavior. He has been so smiley and happy today. He is going through the whole separation anxiety thing so he whines when I leave the room, but that is one of the few PERKS about living in a tiny house, we're not in different rooms that often! He is such a good baby overall and even though he was our little 'accident' I really can't imagine life without him!Avrie thinks these little buckets make perfect hats. I couldn't resist snapping a picture. Poor Boston... putting up with his dad and sister bugging him all the time!

Avrie has been in a really good mood the last few days as well. Today when I got her out of her crib after her nap she just said, "Mommy, hold you." ('Hold me' in 2 year old language) So I just sat and held her for a while with her little head resting on my shoulder. That doesn't happen very often anymore so I was in heaven. I wasn't really in the mood to make dinner tonight since Klay won't be home until late but decided to anyway. I whipped up some tacos (nice and easy) and after every single bite Avrie would say "Mmmm, nummy!" I was so glad I had made such 'nummy' tacos for her instead of the normal hot dog or cottage cheese and tomatoes she gets like 5 times a week. It's nice to get a little appreciation from a 2 year old once in a while :)After dinner we sat and sang songs for about a half hour. I subbed in nursery last Sunday at church so I heard the songs they are learning. She was so cute singing them tonight and I can't believe how many of them she actually knows the words to! It's amazing how much easier it is to love her when she's happy. I can't believe how big she is getting and how old she is starting to look!
Don't you love the hat? I put it on her the other day with some gloves to go for a little walk and she wanted to wear them all the time after that. (I didn't realize it's way too small for her before putting it on her head and now she loves it) I'm thinking the gloves aren't such a bad idea because it keeps her from sucking her thumb.

Well, reading back over this post it's probably kind of boring for others but these really are the little things that remind me why I stay home with my kids. It's amazing how fast they grow and the little ways they show you they love you. I really am glad I have the opportunity to be home with them all the time (I'll just have to read over this post to remind me of that next time they're both crying their guts out and I feel like I'm ready to give up!).

6 comments:

Kari said...

I thought they were both oopses. :)

stevie kay said...

Occasionally . . . ok, frequently, I feel like a bored blob, too. Let's get together next week. How does Wednesday sound?

Deidre and Joseph said...

I don't think your blog is boring Lindsey! I was hanging on every word; your kids are precious! :)

The High Family- said...

Good post, you really are so patient with your kids. You are a great example to me of that. So impressed with how you are at home without Klay a lot and you never complain. I think you are a superstar!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Aw, I love this. So sweet. And I don't think your blog is boring! I do think that your kids look just like you! So cute!

Rachel said...

What an awesome post! I love how you write, your kids are just squishable!