Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ah, the Christmas Memories

I love our Christmas tree. Not because it's extravagant or huge or expensive. (Nothing in our life is any of those things!) I love it because every time I look at it I remember how much fun we had making it. It was the first year we were married and we lived in a tiny apartment in Logan (notice the awesome cinder block walls). We went out and bought the cheapest (pre-lit) tree we could find. Then we went to the craft store and bought little stars for 20-25 cents each. Slap some paint on and sand the edges, add a few yards of fabric that I just cut without sewing to make country-looking bows and there you have it. I also hand sewed a little tree skirt and I've never seen one in any store that I like better, unfinished edges and all. Since then I've added a few bulbs, balls, and a wooden twig star but not much overall.

When we got the tree out this year one of the strands of lights wasn't working so we wrapped a new one over top. There's also 2 legs missing so we made new ones out of cardboard from a diaper box, duct tape, and some nails. Nobody can tell but us. When we first got it out this year I told Klay maybe we should buy a new one if they go on sale after Christmas. I think I've changed my mind. I love our tree just the way it is.
PS - Everyone knows I'm a big time procrastinator. I just barely took that picture of the tree skirt and I would like you to notice all the WRAPPED presents under the tree. I've been completely done with my shopping for a while now and they're all wrapped and ready to go. I've even got Klay's BIRTHDAY presents ordered! His birthday isn't until Jan. 18 but the things I wanted to get him were on sale now and had to be ordered online. Go me :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sooooooo cute!!! I love your tree!