Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Happenings

Klay's department at work dressed up as the Adam's Family and he volunteered to be Cousin Itt. I now know what a mother feels like when her child mentions at 11 at night, "Mom, I have a science project due tomorrow." I was SO tired and we had to stay up late making it but I thought it turned out great.Avrie was a cheerleader and Boston was a football player. Klay and I put a little bet on the Skyline/Hillcrest football game this year that whoever won would be the color of the kid's Halloween costumes. Last minute I decided I thought pink was cuter for Aves but Boston is still rockin' the blue and white.Check out those muscles bulging out of his seat!The High's had an awesome party the Thursday before Halloween and the kids wore the same costumes but Klay went as a dorky accountant (hiked up pants, glasses with tape on them, really short tie, parted hair) and I went as a housewife (in my robe and slippers). Pictures of that to come when I get a copy because of course I forgot my camera.

Now onto Thanksgiving and Christmas. Klay and I decided last week that we could start listening to Christmas music on Nov. 1 this year because we both love it. So I've been jamming out to it all morning while I have been cleaning. I love this time of year!

8 comments:

Amber said...

So cute! I love the costumes! Looks like you guys had a productive halloweend! Glad you could finish the project. I especially love the cousin it costume ha ha

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

I broke out the Christmas music today too, I couldn't help it. Macie danced all around to Jingle Bell Rock!

Cassie said...

Klay as Cousin It? Perfect. Nice job coming up with it!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Aw I remember you listening to it early in the year when I lived with you, and i LOVED it! I miss you!

Unknown said...

How cute! The pink cheerleader costume is darling. Avrie sure is getting big! They both are. And nice job on Klay's costume, good grief! When I read the first line when he said he volunteered to be that character I immediately thought about what you were thinking when he told you ha ha. Glad it turned out!

The Christensen's said...

I loved the Halloween costumes--including Boston in Skyline blue. I finally caught up our blog--so visit for the last five months news!

Heather Inns said...

I love the Cousin It costume you did do a great job. Nice job on the kids' costumes as well. What was yours?

Rachel said...

What an awesome Cousin It costume!!!!!!!!! And the cheerleader...SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!