Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too smart for her own good

I bought a little potty for Avrie last week. I thought it wouldn't be so bad since she is such a smart little girl and she's starting to talk so well. One night I gave her a little treat every time she sat on it. She hated sitting on the little hole but would barely sit her little bum right on the edge of the seat. A good start, I thought, so I gave her a little candy every time. I took her to the store to pick out her potty treats and she seemed completely fine with the fact that she had to sit on the potty to get one. Once we got home I realized maybe she's TOO smart...

Me: Aves, you want a treat? (Waving the skittles in front of her)

Aves: Teet! Teet!

Me: Ok, you have to sit on the potty and then you can have a treat.

(Pause)

Aves: ...No teet. (As she turns and walks away.)

This might be a little more work than I thought. Better luck next week...

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Funny! Hallee wants to sit on the potty all of the time, almost to the point of annoyance because she never actually goes. I'm thinking about trying to potty train soon though because she's starting to be a pain taking off her diaper and "I'll do it" during diaper changes.