We are looking for a new (old) car if you know of anyone selling one. We want one that's not more than $3,000 but still reliable and decent. With Jay and Brenda coming home the end of May we will be truckless (can you hear the sad sigh from Klay) and just want something cheap that gets good gas milage to get Klay to Rexburg and back for the next year. So keep your ears open for us for trustworthy people who take good care of their car and want to sell it :)The other day I came home from work and this is what I found...
Avrie's diaper was sagging clear down to her knees and about to fall off her waist! I don't even think the picture does it justice how soggy it was! Klay had been so busy with homework he didn't even notice! ...At least her hair is done, right? :) She's also started posing for the camera, what a cheeser!
A few weekends ago we headed down to Provo for my cousin's wedding and went swimming in the pool at my parent's hotel. Avrie liked the pool alright but started shivering not long after she got in. She LOVED the hot tub though and just wanted to climb in and out, and in and out, in and out...
A teaching update... it's going WWWAAAYYY better. I think the students are getting used to me, I'm getting used to them, and I'm getting used to being gone all day (even though I still don't like that part). I've started being a lot more strict because if you give a class full of 14 year olds an inch, they're going to take not only a mile but a hundred miles! I got that horrible student in my 4th hour transfered out and it's like a TOTALLY different class. I feel bad for the teacher who took him for me but she's a lot more experienced and knows how to deal better than I do. I still hate getting up so early in the morning (surprise, surprise) and not seeing Avrie all day but I'm so thankful that I have this opportunity with the economy the way it is. I have to admit, I have a whole new respect for anyone who works all day and then has to come home and be a parent and a spouse, it's a tiring life! :) I have a whole new appreciation for Klay and all he does for our little family (both when he's Mr. Mom and working full time)! What a wonderful husband I have! I'm SO glad I don't have to make a career out of teaching, although someday when my kids are grown maybe I'll give it a shot again... maybe.

9 comments:
Thanks for the advice!! I'm so glad the teaching thing is going better. I bet it is tiring... especially being pregnant too! Good luck finding a car- I don't know of anyone trying to sell one though.
The pictures of Averie, saggy diaper and all are so cute. She has such a sweet smile. No good used car here. We are still waiting for Arlen to rebuild the engine (and put the tire back on) the Saturn in our driveway that is supposed to be Stephanie's car. Once he loses interest in a project, well, the car may just continue to be driveway art!
I'm glad that kid got transferred out of your class! And I am soooo glad it's going better. I've been thinking about you lots!!
Cute that Avrie will start posing for the camera. So fun!
I'll keep my eyes out for a used car.
Oh Avrie is so cute -- and me knowing nothing about children can't even tell that anything is wrong!
Her swimsuit is SO cute!!! Good luck car shopping! We'll be selling our car soon but I don't know if you'd want it. It's kind of a gas guzzler. We're selling it to get a bigger vehicle for future children. I'm not looking forward to car shopping. BUT, now is the perfect time to buy a car. A lot of the dealers are having great deals because the economy is really bad and people aren't buying cars like they used to.
so I left this big long comment, and it got deleted before it posted! grrr... anywhoodle! I know what you mean about being away from your little one. I miss my little guy like crazy while I'm at work. But it does make me appreciate the time I do get to spend with him. Hey Linds, do you scrapbook? If so you should totally go to a scrapbooking retreat with me in april here in I.F. It'd be fun. Check out my blog for more details. I miss you and we need to catch up soon.
Very cute pictures! I am glad the teaching life is better. Strict is good!!!!-Vickie
I know Kandis and Adam are trying to sell their truck but I don't remember how much and it's all the way in Georgia so that probable wont work. I am glad your work is going better. Averie is so dang cute even with a soggy draper. Good luck with find a car.
Oh hey, don't know if you knew, but our blog address changed...
http://alittlebitofkooky.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment